Monday 21 September 2015

Adding and subtracting negative numbers

Today we had a look at how we add or subtract negative numbers. I found a webpage which I think explains it better than I ever could, so I suggest look at the examples on this page and how they explain it. They are very thorough and use easy-to-understand language. The website is:


In general, always remember that if:
  • your signs are the same (i.e. + +, or - - ) we add
  • your signs are different (i.e. + - , or - + ) we take away, or subtract. 

Your should now have the skills to finish off the worksheet. This needs to be completed by the end of the lesson on Thursday. Any incomplete work will decrease your mark overall on this unit. 

As always, if you do have any questions or concerns feel free to comment on this post, or email or chat to me in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment